Quarantine 2020: Tips for Lawyers
Hey lawyers! How are you going to come out of this mess? Despite the hardship, we have been given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reflect upon our practices, habits, and motivations and improve. Have you taken advantage of this time? Here are a few tips to make the most of the last few weeks of lockdown:
1. Client engagement: Reach to to your clients and see how they’re handling the crisis. Can they use a friendly, trusted, interested voice in their lives? It will go a long way.
2. De-clutter: If you haven’t already gotten ahead of the busywork you’ve been putting off, there is time to get it done now and come back firing on all cylinders.
3. Evaluate your personal happiness and work-life balance: Have you re-engaged with your significant other or kids in a way that was impossible prior to the lockdown? You may have been overworked and overstressed. Now is a fantastic time to update your resume and schedule a free mock interview with the Oxenham Group. Don’t miss out on the important things in life.
4. Get your CLEs out of the way!
5. Connect with colleagues and find mentors. A lot of people have little to do right now and are uncommonly accessible. Connect and gain perspective. What are you doing to improve?